Whether you're traveling with senior organizations or youth groups, looking for relaxing vibes or thrilling adventures, San Marcos is just the spot! Art, culture, history, nature and lots of tasty treats - San Marcos has lots to offer group travelers of all backgrounds and sizes.
Travelers will love San Marcos' laid-back and easy-going culture. We recommend an itinerary full of art, history and culture with a healthy dose of relaxation sprinkled in so they can really enjoy San Marcos at their own pace.
Some of the attractions we suggest are:
- Glass-Bottom Boat Tour - learn about the history of the area while seeing the springs that form the San Marcos River beneath you.
- Commemorative Air Force Exhibit - see historic military warbirds up-close and make your way through the very cool museum.
- Downtown San Marcos - murals, restaurants, shopping and more, you can't miss the heart of San Marcos!
- The Wittliff Collection - come for the Lonesome Dove exhibit, stay for the cool photography and music collections.
- Wimberley Glassworks - watch the artisans make their stunning handblown creations.
- Breweries - this one is pretty self-explanatory...
- San Marcos Outlet Shopping Center - shop the largest outlet center in the country!
Location, Location, Location
Not that you'd want to go anywhere else, but, in case you do, San Marcos is perfectly situated for easy day trips to surrounding cities. Most destinations are 10-45 minutes away from your hotel. Really, the exploring is endless with quaint downtowns to shop, wine tasting, museums and galleries, or a scenic drive through the beautiful Texas Hill Country!
- San Antonio
- New Braunfels and Gruene
Your San Marcos Team
The San Marcos Convention & Visitor Bureau team is here to help you plan your perfect SMTXperience! We are more than happy to come up with itineraries tailored to your group's unique personalities, interests and accommodation needs. Give us a call at 512.393.5930 or email Denise Pardo at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning.