Whether you're traveling with senior organizations or youth groups, looking for relaxing vibes or thrilling adventures, San Marcos is just the spot! Art, culture, history, nature and lots of tasty treats - San Marcos has lots to offer group travelers of all backgrounds and sizes.
San Marcos is full of fun (and safe) adventures for kids and teenagers. With plenty to keep them entertained, and get their energy out, they'll be begging to come back again.
Some of the attractions we suggest are:
- Glass-Bottom Boat Tour - sure, they'll learn all about the history of the area and the science of the local flora and fauna, but they're really going to love seeing all the fish and turtles swim beneath them! (We love it too...)
- Wonder World Cave and Adventure Park - y'all, this place has everything. A cave, petting zoo, Tejas Observation Tower, anti-gravity house and more, there's so much to do and see at Wonder World.
- Children's Park and River Walk - little ones will love the Children's Park, an accessible and inclusive place for children to play and, most importantly, get all that energy out. Adventurers of all ages will enjoy a walk along the River Walk trail, not to be confused with San Antonio's...
- San Marcos River - kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, swimming or tubing, you really can't beat an aquatic adventure on the San Marcos River!
- Mermaids and Murals - Downtown San Marcos has lots, and we mean lots, of fun artwork to find. From mini murals hidden in plain sight to gigantic wall-sized murals, and of course, many a mermaid amongst them, your group will enjoy finding them all. Up the fun by turning it into a scavenger hunt, which we are more than happy to help put together!
Location, Location, Location
Not that you'd want to go anywhere else, but, in case you do, San Marcos is perfectly situated for easy day trips to surrounding cities. Most destinations are 10-45 minutes away from your hotel. Really, the exploring is endless with quaint downtowns to shop, wine tasting, museums and galleries, or a scenic drive through the beautiful Texas Hill Country!
- San Antonio
- New Braunfels and Gruene
Your San Marcos Team
The San Marcos Convention & Visitor Bureau team is here to help you plan your perfect SMTXperience! We are more than happy to come up with itineraries tailored to your group's unique personalities, interests and accommodation needs. Give us a call at 512.393.5931 or email Steve Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning.
Free Things To Do
A great trip to San Marcos doesn’t have to hurt your wallet. In fact, some of our favorite things to do in San Marcos are absolutely free! That’s right, you heard it here…
Our staff will assist you with ideas for special events and off-site meeting venues. Let us coordinate a site visit and introduce you to various venues (so there are no surprises.)