The Walkers' Gallery invites artists to submit their work to this final exhibit of 2023, in response to the theme: “This Sparks Joy: Celebrating the good things in life.”
• Theme: The theme is completely open to interpretation and in any style, literal or symbolic, abstract and/or a reference to something personally meaningful.
This has been a hard time for many people the world over – just take a look at world events or your social media feed. We want to round out the year on a happy note at the Walkers’ Gallery with a celebration of joy and hope, visual reminders that there is good in the world too.
The only content restrictions are that all work for this family friendly public venue must be apolitical, non-violent and G-rated! No nudity is allowed, even if it is tasteful and artistic.
• Media: All 2-D and 3-D media that can be safely hung on the walls or in the large windows are eligible to be submitted.
• Number and size of entries: We flexibly suggest that artists bring up to 2 large (36" wide or larger), up to 3 medium (20-36), up to 5 smaller works, or a comparable combination of large and small. While this is not a juried show, and we have a large area to fill, we reserve the right to limit the number of entries in order to equitably include as many artists as wish to enter.
While size is not a concern, we do have a weight limit of 30 lbs. per artwork.
• Preparation and hardware: Canvases do not have to be framed, but if not edges should be clean and/or painted. Works on paper should be simply framed. Hanging hardware and wire is not required, but if you wish to install hardware, please do so as close to the top as possible to avoid the artwork hanging forward at an angle from the wall (we can install temporary eye screws at the gallery).
• Labeling: You do not have to create a label for the wall; we will create uniform labels for all of the work. However, please DO attach a secure label to the back of each artwork that includes your name, the title of the work, and the price.
• Money matters: There are no entry fees for the exhibit, but there is a limit of five entries per artist.
Art may be for sale or not for sale (NFS) If the work is not for sale please include an insurance value on your entry form. The gallery retains no commission for sales; any sales must be conducted directly between the artist and buyer. If sold, artworks must remain on the wall for the duration of the exhibit.
November 4 - Delivery: Artwork should be brought to the San Marcos Activity Center, 501 E. Hopkins Street on Saturday, November 4, 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
December 9 – Artists’ Reception: There will be a reception for the exhibit on Saturday, December 9 from 5-7 p.m. and we hope you will invite your friends and family. There will be musical entertainment and refreshments. It is also open to the public.
January 6, 2024 - Pick Up: The exhibit will be on display through January 5 with pick-up on Saturday, January 6, 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. All work must remain on exhibit until the close of the show and unsold work must be picked up by the artist on January 6. Sold work may also be picked up by purchaser on January 6.
Entry forms and prospectus
Please contact Arts Coordinator Trey Hatt for any questions or clarifications at firstname.lastname@example.org.