Rio Vista Park
Rio Vista Park is a great place to put your kayak in and paddle upstream or just swim in the deep watering hole. It's not uncommon to see surfing the rapids and sunbathers along the river banks. This is also the point of pick up for the Lions Club Tube shuttle. Bring your own tube or rent one from Lions Club upstream at City Park.
The amenities include restrooms, tennis courts, 1/2 basketball court, benches, a pavilion, City swimming pool, hike/bike trails and trash cans.
There are no admission or parking fees.
River & Park Tips:
- Remember, this is a natural-forming river. Children and inexperienced swimmers should wear life vests.
- Don’t litter! Bring a litter bag or use the mesh bag provided by the Lions Club. Trash cans are located along the banks of the river.
- Wear Sunscreen.
- Wear hats and/or sunglasses that you won't mind losing.
- Bring a waterproof pouch or zip-loc freezer bag for necessities. Recommendation: leave valuables in the car or at home/hotel room.
- Water shoes or athletic shoes are recommended. There may be rocks in some areas.
- Drink liquids to stay hydrated.
- Coolers and disposable containers are allowed on the San Marcos river. Please no styrofoam.
- Secure lids on all coolers.
- Designated access and exits points are located at City Park and Rio Vista for those who bring alcohol to consume while on the river.
- Please, no Styrofoam-type products in the river including coolers, ice chests, cups, plates, disposable containers, toys, floats, kickboards, rings or swim gear.
- Bring rope if you want to tie multiple tubes together.
- Alcohol on city owned dams, spillways and bridges is not allowed.
- Bring an ID, Credit Card or cash if you are renting a tube. Lions Club sells snacks and beverages at the beginning and end of their float.